Thursday, February 23, 2012

Inspire Me.


My inspiration comes from all kinds of different places.

Music.

The Bible.

I get a lot of inspiration by reading through my old journals.

Photographs inspire me.

But not just any photograph.

Ones that tell a story and that look like they mean a lot to whoever took them.

Pictures of memories.

Candid pictures that betray emotions.

Even if they're a crappy little snapshot taken on a cell phone.

My friends inspire me.

Big hearts inspire me.

Seeing that sparkle of life in someone's eyes.

The joy when that someone they really wanted to see walks in the room.

The shimmer of a secret and the unknown giving away of a private thought.

Laughter and a smile that reaches up into someone's eyes.

Worship songs that reach down into you and grab your heart and soul.

Thousands of voices crying out to God at once.

Music that sends a shiver down your spine.

The feeling of freedom.

The feeling of water against your skin.

The feeling of sand between your toes.

The feeling of acceptance.

The feeling of wind through your hair and sunshine in your face.

The overwhelming sense of feeling loved.


These are the things that inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment