Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm itching for summer.

For green.

For color.

For warmth.

For more photographic opportunities than winter offers.

Sure, ice and snow are beautiful.

Especially when the sunshine hits it just right.

But the sun doesn't always shine- it's overcast a lot.

And i can only take so many pictures of it before it all looks the same.

And the dreary weather lasts for so long...

I cant wait until the trees are full and green with the sun shining through the leaves- creating beautiful bokeh.

I can't wait for the lawn to be full and dry.

I can't wait for the birds to come back.

And i will regret saying it - but i miss the bugs.

I miss their sounds as they fly around in the trees.

I miss sleeping with the fan on and the window open.

I miss hearing night sounds- like cicadas, traffic and sometimes frogs.

I can't wait for the flowers to be in bloom and to go places without bundling in fifty layers.

I get impatient with winter after January.

I just want the color back.

No comments:

Post a Comment