Wednesday, July 4, 2012


So this picture caught my eye the other day. I found it amusing and instantly shared it.
After doing so, though, i started to think. I really do see no good reason to act my age. (My age being 19) Most nineteen year olds today are drinking, getting drunk and partying and some are smoking and/or doing drugs. Why on earth would i want to "act my age" if that is what most people my age are doing?
I prefer just to be myself and whatever age it is i act, then so be it. I just like to hang out with my friends, we don't party hard, we play music and sing along at the top of our lungs, we dance like idiots and drink Coke around a fire. We go on long walks and shove each other around while laughing hysterically.
Some people may say that we are acting our age, but i say thats us being... us.
We screw up, we laugh, we're generally good kids.
It's much more fun to disregard the thought of "acting your age" and just be yourself.
Sure, sometimes you have to be mature, and sometimes you act silly or stupid, and sometimes you screw something up really badly and have to fix it.
But don't base it on how you SHOULD act. Base it on who you are.

Defy the norm.

Society expects us to get drunk and act like delinquents.

Just be yourself.

Surprise society.

Its more fun anyway, and you can actually REMEMBER the fun you had the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment