Tuesday, September 17, 2013


When i think of you, I won't think about how we don't talk anymore. 
I won't think that you really have no interest in seeing me and i don't want to see you.
I won't think of what you've put me through or what you think of me. 
I won't think of what you've said about me or who you've turned against me. 
No.
When i think of you, I will think of taking fun pictures and both of you- your smiles- beautiful in your own way.
I will think of minecraft and hysterical, unattractive laughter.
I will think of carpooling and mickey mouse pins.
I will think of long walks and the park we always ended up at.
I will think of Mario Kart and goodbye hugs.
I will think of mopeds and laying in soft grassy fields at sunset.
I will think of smiles and adventures. 
I will think of bowling and ridiculous dance moves.  
I will think of soccer games and long conversations in the dark. 
I will think of our silliness despite our ages and how- for a while- it was just the four of us and everything was good. 
You wanted to see me, and i wanted to see you. 
We made plans weeks in advance and we got excited.
There was always laughter and fun stories to be told when i got home.
That doesn't happen anymore.
You have no wish to see me anymore and I have no wish to see you.
One of you hates me and lies about me and the other just doesn't care anymore.
But that's not what i'm going to think about when i think about you. 
Not anymore.
I'm going to think about you with a smile as i remember all the fun we had before. 
I will remember the times when you actually cared about me and i loved you both more than anything and i will pray for you in hopes that someday, somewhere, we can be friends like that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment